Letter from the Owners
Arciform and Versatile Wood Products are seeking a People Champion who’s ready to build a culture of A-players who value craftsmanship, ingenuity, healthy communication, and personal and professional growth.
The People Champion guides day-to-day human resources activities across Arciform and Versatile Wood Products. You enjoy working with a diverse team of designers, project managers, carpenters, journeymen, apprentices, drivers, and administrators to ensure they have the resources and tools to provide our customers and each other with remarkable service. A winning candidate understands the value of building consensus across the organization, while elevating performance and engagement of the individual.
At Arciform and Versatile Wood Products, our values are rooted in teamwork. We want to hear from candidates who have powerful communication and problem-solving skills and a knack for elevating the people and environment around them. You are process-oriented, enjoy getting your hands dirty, and hold yourself and the team accountable to the same high standards. You are as comfortable with strategy and vision as you are with daily operations. No task is too small, because you do what it takes to get the job done right.
Are you an A-Player who can answer “yes” to the following? If so, we have a seat for you.
• Do you take pride in owning projects, initiatives and outcomes?
• Are you comfortable balancing overall HR direction and strategy with daily needs and improvements?
• Are you a change-maker? Can you build cultures rooted in trust, constructive and open communication, and teamwork?
• Do you have a deep knowledge and understanding of employment, labor relations, compensation, benefits, and performance management?
• Are exceptional communication, coaching, mentoring, negotiation, and mediation skills second nature to you?
• Are you someone who constantly seeks ways to improve your environment, processes, and the experiences of other people?
• Are you passionate about giving everyone a voice by helping them tell their stories?
We look forward to hearing your story—thank you for your interest in the People Champion position.
Anne and Richard De Wolf
Arciform and Versatile Wood Products
A Portland-based design-build firm celebrating its 20th year of storytelling, Arciform first opened its doors in 1997. Owned and operated by Anne and Richard De Wolf, Arciform has been recognized by the Oregon Remodelers Association, Architectural Heritage Center/Bosco-Milligan Foundation, Portland Spaces, Houzz, Oregon Business Magazine, and Portland Business Journal for their design excellence and sustainable practices.
We are proud to work with building owners on a wide array of projects—from full home remodels from Victorian through mid-century periods, to larger commercial projects We also work with non-profit organizations that share our commitment to historic preservation. We seek right-fit clients who share our values and believe in the power of good people.
Our Mission is Storytelling
At Arciform, we believe every individual, structure and space has its own story. We are committed to telling these stories through our craft and trade.
By acknowledging what already exists—within the walls and floorboards, joints and moldings—and synthesizing it with our customers’ personalities and visions, we are taking a page from history and writing a story all its own. With respect for the past and a vision for the future, we create a story of crafted, common sense solutions and buildable projects—every time.
Versatile Wood Products put its stamp on Portland in 1982, providing historically accurate, custom, bespoke window, door, cabinetry and millwork using techniques originated by 18th and 19th century craftsmen. In 2012, Richard and Anne De Wolf purchased the company, and expanded the operation in their 40,000 square foot wood shop.
We serve a wide array of clients, including: building owners, masonry contractors, architects and interior designers, general contractors, specialty contractors and government agencies. The scale of our projects range from a single reproduction sash to state-of-the-art custom kitchen or complete commercial storefront system. We seek right-fit clients who share our values and believe in the power of good people.
Our Mission is Ingenuity
At Versatile Wood Products, we build creativity into every custom window, door and cabinet. We are a skillful, efficient and resourceful team. By incorporating historic techniques with modern technologies, we have manufactured a process that is precise yet scalable. The results are exacting craftsmanship, historic continuity, and trusted relationships.
At Arciform and Versatile Wood Products, we equally weigh a person’s core values and personality with their direct experience and track record of success. You must have a minimum 8 years of experience in Human Resources, with at least 5 years of experience managing teams. Professional HR certification is preferred.
Our ideal People Champion candidate will have the following capabilities and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree required in relevant field, relevant experience may be substituted
• At least 8 years of experience in Human Resources
• At least 5 years of experience managing and motivating teams
• Professional HR certification
• Track record of successful team performance
• Proven experience managing multiple projects and changing priorities
• Proven experience designing effective accountability and organizational charts
• Proven experience designing and implementing organizational training programs that support employee development
• Proven application of high-level organization and problem-solving skills—you act quickly and follow-through effectively when problems arise
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional coaching, mentoring, negotiation, and mediation skills
Human Resources Management
• Provide overall Human Resources direction and strategy
• Maintain a culture of A-Players by developing and executing a recruiting and interviewing process that enables hiring managers to select right-fit candidates
• Support management and organization by maintaining an updated library of job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
• Manage all Human Resources policies and processes related to employment, labor relations, compensation, benefits, performance management, and promotions
• Support and coach management on individual Human Resources issues related to performance problems, disciplinary procedures, terminations, etc.
• Ensure Human Resources is an objective resource and safe place for all team members to go to for advice, concerns, and/or issues
• Access, manage and communicate employee benefits programs and administration processes to all team members; recommend benefit program changes to owners and Director of Administration annually
• Create and maintain personnel files, including contact list, to ensure legal compliance
• Champion the Arciform and Versatile Wood Products’ missions and values throughout the organizations—promote a win together approach across teams, in-office and on-site.
• Build an environment rooted in trust, constructive and open communication, and teamwork
• Lead by example – with professional, constructive, consistent behavior and words
• Possess strong conflict resolution skills and the ability to objectively counsel team members—at all levels of the organizations
• Facilitate problem-solving and a win together attitude
• Motivate and keep team focused and on-track
• Recognize and celebrate team accomplishments and exceptional performance
• Contribute to companywide communication
• Build and implement employee orientation program to onboard new team members
• Create and implement staff training and continued education programs
• Develop and manage employee performance review system; support management by coaching managers to provide effective, constructive and ongoing employee performance counseling, professional development and improvement plans
• Stay current with industry trends and technological developments and make recommendations to enhance business opportunities for the organizations
• Collaborate with Owners and Director of Administration to develop, implement, and enforce human resources policies and procedures, meeting regularly to maintain alignment
If you are an A-player who believes you’re a right-fit for the position and our companies, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.