Come work with an incredible, professional company with a good reputation around Portland!
Arciform restores and renovates our heritage, working on homes and structures ranging from pioneer to modern.
We tailor each project to meet our clients’ unique goals while preserving the building’s architectural integrity.
We are expanding rapidly and are looking to add an organized, disciplined highly creative Site Lead with high standards and a passion for rehabilitating vintage and historic homes and building. If you want to work with a collaborative, high energy team of professionals who value craftsmanship and excellent design, this is a great job for you.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional interpersonal skills, coupled with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with colleagues, clients and management.
- On-site management of the construction job, accountable for the production and coordination of all labor, materials and trade contractors related to the actual remodeling and renovation from inception to final completion.
- Knowledge of latest trends in the remodeling/construction industry and construction trades practices, procedures, techniques, equipment, materials, specifications, estimating, quality control, cost control, safety, applicable building codes and zoning ordinances.
- Use job records: plans, specifications, change orders and reports.
- Responsible for meeting completion dates as specified.
- Perform all carpentry labor, requesting help as needed.
- Assign work to helpers and other carpenters on the job; supervise them to be responsible for their performance.
- Coordinate all trade contractors. Establish work flow and priorities. Work out any layout problems; ensure trade contractors' proper performance. See that they get timely inspection of their work.
- Inspect and verify deliveries for accuracy in quantity and measurement; identify quality problems and damage prior to signing delivery slip. Pick up materials only under emergency conditions.
- Solve problems and make quick, accurate decisions.
- Establish and maintain quality control standards and supervise their implementation.
- Have a minimum of 5 (five) years continuous practice in the remodeling industry, with at least two of those years as a lead carpenter - defined as a remodeling professional who is involved in tasks and has responsibilities beyond the technical production aspects of a project; he or she is responsible for customer contact and communication, supervision of subcontractors and employees, managing the job site, scheduling, and safety issues
- Very professional
- Self sufficient
- All necessary tools
- Readily accepts responsibility
- Successful at 10 completed jobs
- Full contract understanding
- Adhere to NARI's Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Completed at least 8 hours of continuing education
Great Benefits Package:
- Medical coverage paid 100% by Arciform
- Paid holidays
- 401k plan
- Profit sharing
A pre-employment drug test will be required and professional references will be verified. Arciform is an equal opportunity employer.
Please respond to this posting with a cover letter; list of past projects with a focus on vintage and historic structures where available; and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
****Please respond only if you meet all requirements****